Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Activity One - Directions and Workspace

Happy Earth Day!

Today, we will be using this blog space to create an informative writing piece on something very important to our planet: Pollution

This is what you need to do:

1. Decide what type of pollution you would like to use as your topic. Remember that pollution comes in several forms and all of them are harmful in different ways.

2. Conduct a Web search to locate information on your topic. Use this online graphic organizer to capture notes on the topic (remember to save it, you will use it later!)

3. In a new discussion tab, you will post the following information about your topic:


  • Your topic - one type of pollution (include a definition) 
  • At least one image that represents your topic (use www.pixabay.com for your images)
  • Details about the type of pollution that you chose: How does this pollution happen? Where does it happen? What are the effects on the environment/people/animals or plants? What can we do to prevent it or fix it? 
  • Post your graphic organizer as a PDF. 
Good luck! 

4 comments:

  1. Water Pollution: involves any contaminated water, whether from chemical, particulate, or bacterial matter that degrades the water's quality and purity.

    It occurs by: increased sediment from soil erosion, improper waste disposal and littering, leaching of soil pollution into water supplies, and organic material decay in water supplies.

    The Clean Water Act is one of the many ways trying to fight against water pollution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I created the graphic organizer, and found a picture, but do not know how to post these in the comment section.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for catching that! I didn't realize that the discussion section has those limits. I should add a section to the wiki workspace for submission of assignments.

      Delete
  2. Actually, what I think I would do is grant the users of the blog the ability to create their own posts. They would be able to embed in the new post.

    I really appreciate you letting me know. Sometimes it's hard to see the logistics when you're only looking at it from the Admin view.

    ReplyDelete